Different social media tools allows users to share postings, links images between staff and library users. These may include Facebook, blogs, Twitter, Instagram or You -Tube. It will assists with information sharing, improving reference services and promoting library services.
Using a variety of social media tools benefit the library by:
- Encouraging two way communication between the library and its users.
- Promotes easy communication of library services available to the community.
- Provides a online learning space where users can share information.
- The promotion of library events such as exhibitions, competitions, seminars etc.
- Access to patrons, staff and users ideas, comments and suggestions
- Efficient way to deliver library services and promote new library collections.
- Improves library visibility in the community.
- Provides a channel of delivering news, alerts and library updates.
Tweet to @mitchelllibserv