Tips to help maintain a pleasant social media experience:
- Be respectful, genuine and credible
- If you make a mistake, admit it and fix it quickly
- Maintain confidentially. - Don't share any confidential, private or sensitive information through social media.
- Do not use social media to vent anger.
- Maintain your online presence. Having out-dated content on a social media page is more insulting that having no presence at all.
- Avoid discrimatory, defamatory or derogatory remarks
- Be nice.
The way you conduct yourself through your social networking is a reflection on you.