Libraries use Facebook primarily to promote library events, as a marketing tool and to create library awareness.
Uses of Facebook in a library:
- Library news and events - Updating patrons and users about what is happening in the library
- New additions to the library collection - Informing patrons about new releases.
- Links. -Web content may assist patrons and provide patrons with access to library's website.
- Community information - Inform patrons about events happening in the community.
- Solicits feedback - Provides an opportunity to have conversation with patrons.
- Able to respond to users - Address patrons concerns/questions.
- Marketing - show off the library's displays, books and surroundings to make library more inviting.